Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Permission To Grieve...



PERMISSION TO GRIEVE:
Is granted to the holder of this certificate

____Sherry Anne Coombe____


I,__Sherry___, is hereby entitled to publicly acknowledge my loss, mourn openly, to share stories of my loss
and recruit support in my own way and time,
WITHOUT apology or embarrassment.

I,_Sherry_, am given permission to cry in front of people if I choose to do so.
Acknowledge that is okay that I miss my daughter very much.

It is okay for me to forgive myself, this was not my fault and there was nothing more I could do to save her. (a parent’s guilt is huge no matter the circumstances)

It is okay if I ask for help. Help could be seeing a movie, getting dinner, just simply listening to my stories about  Heather , or support me if I choose to seek professional help. (This does not mean I am crazy) 

I, Sherry, do not have to be sorry that others are uncomfortable with tears and grief. They don’t understand because it has not happened to them. If Heather’s name makes you uncomfortable-TOO BAD!!

Tears, memories, silence, anger, uncertainty, and strong emotions are hereby enfranchised.

It is okay that I hang a Christmas stocking for Heather or remember her birth and death day however I chose to. I have the right to do things different each and every time or to do it the same if the mood hits.

Please treat Sherry with kindness, compassion, and love.

This certificate is to be used over and over and over and has no expiration date!!
Soarin' Over California-Disney 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment