Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Cancer...

Monday, April 7, 2008 we got the call from the ENT that the biopsy showed cancer. We didn't have any idea of what type of cancer but there hints of leukemia or lymphoma. This was written by Heather...I think she was facing this part better than most people would. She was actually relieved that there was something wrong with her and she was not imagining it.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 at 4:03am
Wow, I'm actually claiming it as "my cancer" and there's no other way to say it. Maybe some people might say I'm bluntly saying it, but I've contacted as many people as I can to tell them myself, but I really feel it will help to keep understanding that its my cancer. I have cancer. Its not going away, no matter how tight I shut my eyes. So... I have cancer. 
 

I've been sick since November. Right after Thanksgiving is when I really noticed it. Looking back at pictures from a wedding I attended I see that my lymph nodes were getting swollen... so October was that wedding. I've been in and out of the doctors office and I cannot seem to get well and stay well. For someone who's always been a very strong child, person and very healthy, this is weird to say the least. I just kept thinking, why am I sick? After pressing for more answers and also having my lymph nodes around my face getting continually bigger, and popping up all over the neck, collar bones and shoulders, something had to give. I am grateful to have had the right doctor at the right time to help diagnose something that can be very hard to. I had the right biopsy tests run and the first of several came back today and said I have cancer. Blood cancer. Not sure as to if its lymphoma or leukemia. But its one if not a mixture of both call ALL...or CLL. So.. now its just wait until my appointment on Thursday to find out more. So... if you think of it.. give me a call.. I'd love to hear from you. I'm still me just got something to fight now. I'm okay and will only be stronger from this. okay?

1 comment:

  1. Heather was/is a very strong girl, she never gave up hope. With her family by her side, I'm sure she felt greatful to of had such a supportive family.... Your family is an example of how other families should be.

    <3 all the Coombe family

    ReplyDelete