Sunday, October 16, 2011

Response....

From time to time I have people respond with a comment or send me an email about the blog. I have received several comments from people who have just found the Confessions blog and got hooked in following my journey. I have always tried to be honest and forthcoming with my feelings so that in some small way you might have a slight insight as to the pain, struggle and difficulty in losing a child. I know that many times my blog can be difficult to read and I would like to thank all of you that have decided to join me on my journey. It helps me to know that you follow, read and support me.

This is an email I received September 24,2011:
Sherry,
I stumbled across your blog one day while searching for the lyrics to
"If I Die Young".  I had fallen in love with that song and well...it
led me to you.  I've been reading your blog ever since, but have never
commented.

Tonight, however, I watched Tangled and just really felt the urge to
write to you.

When I read your words I can tell how much you love Heather.  While I
cannot relate with losing a child, I can so relate when it comes to
the love one feels for their child.  She sounds like a beautiful young
woman with a caring and loving family.  And I've just got say that
it's truly awesome that you are going back to school...and from what
I've read...I really think Heather would be proud of you.

Good luck and God bless,
~Diana~


Text Messages from KatyBug and me concerning my last blog:
Katy-Just read confessions, wanted to tell you I love you. You are the stronger woman behind many women, Heather is too, probably supporting many women now that she watches from above. Oh, and I am proud of how hard you have worked toward your education and your personal health.. :)

Me-thank you...I love you too...most of the time I don't feel that strong..and I know Heather is the stronger woman behind all of us here still. I want to make Heather proud in my career choice..I think she would approve...I miss her terribly as she would be celebrating every A with me..she would be telling everyone how her mom is doing in school.

Katy-She is proud and just think she is telling God..yup that is the awesome woman you gave me for a Momy. I could not have asked for more. I can just see her smiling as she helps Jesus place the most flawless stones on your crown.

Me-Aww..that you very much...the greatest treasure I had was being her Momy..it was a privilege from God...

I share these because they meant so much to me. I deeply appreciated the email from Diana because it lets me know that people who stumble across the blog continue to follow it. Sometimes I feel like I write to the black abyss. Thank you Diana for you willingness to share your thoughts with me. I especially loved the exchange with Katy and how Heather is helping pick the stones for my crown. I wanted to be able to remember this. Since cell phones comes and go I decided to share this so I can remember this forever. Thank you Katy for your encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment