Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Now That I See You...

All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I have been
Now I'm here, blinking in the star light
Now I'm here, suddenly I see
Standing here, it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be....
~I See The Light-Tangled~


I have been hooked on the movie Tangled from the moment I saw it. I love everything about it. The more I listen to the music the more I hear the words to mean different things. The song "I See The Light" still has a very strong impression on me. I think this is what happens in heaven when you stand before THE LIGHT. By THE LIGHT I mean Jesus. The part that has really hit me of late is "Standing here, it's all so clear, I'm where I'm meant to be".... I think that once we are there, everything is clear. The ‘oh, I get it now” moment.

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you.....
 
I was so disappointed when I learned that Thomas Kinkade would not be doing a Tangled painting. I had laid a bet that it would come out in April. I was so sure. To my utmost joy, I found a new artist had painted a Tangled masterpiece. I purchased this newest artwork from Rodel Gonzalez immediately. I was blown over by the beauty of this painting. It is hanging in my family room right next to my chair. I see it many times a day.
 A Thomas Kinkade dealer promised me that he would have my Tangled painting personalized on the back. This dealer did not follow thru with his promise and I will never deal with this gallery again. BUT, that got me to thinking that I could send an email to the artist myself. I had nothing to lose. The worst he could say was no. About 3 weeks ago, I contacted Rodel Gonzalez via email. He responded immediately and was eager to honor my request. So, I took the canvas out of the frame and mailed it to Rodel’s studio in California.
I waited with extreme anticipation as to what Rodel would do. I asked for him to put a portion of the song, sign and date the back for me. He offered to do a sketch as well. Today, I received my Tangled canvas back. When I saw what he had done I was brought to tears. It is the most stunningly beautiful sketch of Rapunzel herself. I am so very thankful for Rodel and his kindness toward me. This painting is one of the most treasured things I have now.
 
The other song that moves me from this movie is the "Healing Incantation." I know there is no such thing as healing hair. But the words of the song and the moments that they are sung are at such moving moments in the movie. I do want my hurt to heal, to change the fate's design and to bring back what once was mine. I want Heather back every moment of every day. BUT...I feel that we were spared a lifetime of wondering is the cancer back. With every blood test and every fever we would panic. That is no way to spend a lifetime. I have no doubt that God could have healed Heather IF that was HIS plan. It was not HIS plan and I have to accept that.  But I still wish I could change the fate's design...

Flower gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine...
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fate's design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment