Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Treasures from Disneyland...

One of the smallest shops on Main Street is the Silhouette Shop. Most people walk by and never give it a second look. It is not flashy or fancy. It does not have lots of things to purchase. It is the lost art of silhouette cutting or shadow profiles. It takes 5 years of training to become a Disney artist. There are 3 very talented ladies that are certified to cut in the shop right now.

Bill and I had our silhouettes cut a couple of years ago. I had wanted to get the 3 girls done at the same time. However, I did not manage to get the girls together to have it done at that time. Our trip in December was when I finally marched all 3 girls over, made them sit and do a silhouette. Little did I know at the time that would be the last opportunity to have all 3 of my girls together at Disneyland. Heather was not thrilled at having her profile done. She felt like she looked fat. Of course I do not see that.Wendy and I had talked before we left about having Pea's silhouette done with Minnie Mouse. I want to begin a whole collection of family silhouettes. Little Pea did a great job of sitting on her Mommy;s lap and looking around. Wendy and I tried to get her to look ahead. The lady that had cut the girls in December was the same one that cut Pea. She did a great job. She even got Pea's little curly hair in the silhouette. Something interesting about the frames. You can only purchase them in the Silhouette Shop at a Disney theme park. They are the same size and color. They also have 50 Mickey Mouse faces as the gold decoration around the frame. Just a little fun fact about Disney.

2 comments:

  1. Those cutouts are beautiful! What a wonderful treasure to keep from your adventures at Disney Land. :)

    *Hugs*
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry,
    Thank you for posting your heart felt comments...it helps my own heart to heal.

    ReplyDelete