Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Breathing Again...

The afternoon of April 10th, 2008 I remember walking out of Ironwood Cancer Center, telling Shyla and Heather to go to the car for a minute, walking to the side of the building and trying to breath. My world was upside down. I could not catch my breath. As time went on I began to breath again as things began to look better. Holding her breath as she looks for the perfect dress...
Prom dress hunting, April, 2005

Upon waking on Sunday morning March 22nd, 2009 and hearing that Heather was being rushed to ICU. I had to pack my stuff up to move. Honestly I was not really sure why and how things had gotten so bad. I was in shock. Marcia, her nurse, wanted her moved NOW. I could not catch my breath. As time went on I began to breath again as things began to look better.
Holding her breath as she looks in the mirror...
The Woman in Red...April, 2005

During the night of March 28th, 2009, I held my breath at each moment that Heather struggled to breath. I held my breath as she got worse and I knew she would have to go on the vent. So scared and thinking that she would not survive. I could not catch my breath. As time went on I began to breath again as things began to look better.
NOW she can breath...the final choice...
April, 2005

Monday, April 20th, the night my dolly girl left, I thought I would never breath again. How could I? How would life ever be “normal” again? Nothing would be the same. I can’t be happy or laugh, Heather is gone and it is not right to do those things without her. But as time goes on, I am beginning to breath again…Things still look and feel strange, but it is getting easier to breath. Walking, running and living is a different story….

1 comment:

  1. I sit here this morning looking at the photos, quietly crying as I have not seen these for some time. I know that I cannot bring her back. I know that she would not want to come back. So, all that I can do is continue on the journey with you and learn how to breath all over again.

    I love you,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete