Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Name Is Story..

I was the first person
to ever truly belong to my mother
I was a piece of her, 
A fleshy imprint of her dreams
And girlhood wishes,
Yet new and unknown.
She named me Jennifer Leann,
The fair lady she had been waiting for.
The stories she told me in my crib
Were even better that 
Guinevere's and Arthur's-
Bears and balloons dancing on the wall
To the tune of my mother's tongue.
She sat in her rocker for days,
Counting her cross-stitches,
Her needle making hearts and words-
A sweet little tete-a-tete with thread.
My name in raised letters at the top,
A proverb and premonition underneath,
Spelling out the wisdom of my mouth
And the kindness of my tongue.
She knew I was meant to be her first story,
But she had more stories to tell.
Sisters she never had-
The whispers, the fights,
The ability to love and hate at the same time-
So she gave them to me.
She spent hours sewing matching dresses,
Three breathing dolls to play dress-up. 
~Jennifer Coombe~
Note from Heather-State Fair 2006-Ed is the bear Edison
Me with Jenn-10 days old-1986
Mother's Day school project from Jenn
Jenn and Heather in the crib together-1988
Homemade card from Heather for Mother's Day
Me, Wendy, Heather and Jenn-Wendy 2 days old-1990
Mother's Day school project-Wendy
Heather, Wendy and Jenn-1991
Heather, Jenn and Wendy-1993
Heather, Wendy and Jenn-1996
Snoopy drawing by Heather
Jenn, Heather and Wendy-Heather's Birthday
Wendy, Jenn, Heather and Me-May 2008
Thanksgiving Day-2008-Jenn, Heather, Wendy and Pea
Mimi, Pea, Wendy and Heather-March 2009
Note from Heather-2002  




































































































No comments:

Post a Comment