Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beloved Sister...

I carry your heart with me
(I carry it in my heart)
I am never without it
(Anywhere I go you go, my dear;
And whatever is done by only me is your doing,
My darling)
~E.E.Cummings~

Anyone who knows me, knows that there needs to be lots of meaning and value with anything I do or buy. Of course my new Thomas Kinkade painting is no different. Last post I discussed about the 50th Anniversary trip to Disneyland and what the painting means to me. I would like to share with you what I have found out about the very unique remarque on the back.

Thomas Kinkade and his younger brother Patrick have an extremely close relationship. Like Thom, Pat is also a painter and he is considered the next best thing to Thomas Kinkade himself. Pat Kinkade traveled to many different galleries during his event know as The Heritage Tours. Pat is a Master Highlighter and adds real paint to selected Thomas Kinkade paintings. When Pat is finished he signs the painting on the front, then adds 2 very personal remarques to the back in pencil and signs the back as well.
Thomas and Patrick Kinkade-the brothers
 The 1st  remarque Patrick draws is the Lamp-This is the lamp of knowledge. The 1850 scholars used oil lamps to study by. It is also used as a symbol for university academics. With Pat being a university man himself this has great personal meaning to him. It is also a Gideon's Lamp used for spirituality. The lamp represents Thom, Pat and spirituality all in one remarque. Pat then draws to lines and places the year this was done and adds his personal signature.

The 2nd remarque is a Ichthus. This was used by early Christians to identify themselves. The Koine uses the first 2 letters of the Greek name of Christ. The point in the second letter represents man. The loop or circle is the universe. So the 3 elements of this symbol is Christ man and the universe. Pat changed this to look more like his initials P.K. He jokes that he is now the center of his universe.
Remarque on the back of my painting
What all this means is that Pat Kinkade did the Master Highlighting-putting real paint-on my new painting himself. This is nearly as good as having Thomas, himself, do the highlighting. This is only done at Heritage Tour events that Pat goes on himself around the country. Usually Pat does about 8-10 of these tours a year. The highlighting and then the remarque on the back adds about $600 to the value of the painting. I have paperwork to prove this is done by Pat Kinkade. 
The 3 girls-1992
This is really special to me in the fact that Heather was an awesome sister. She was the peanut butter that held the bread-Jenn and Wendy-together. The fact that Thomas and his brother are so close is really special to me. The fact is that Jenn and Heather were very close. They spent a lot of time together the last year of Heather's life. Jenn spend lots of time in the hospital with her as well. Wendy and Heather were close. They spent nearly every night in each others room since we moved to this house. Heather was the one that went all out for Christmas and birthdays and all the other holidays as well. I know her sisters miss her greatly and will as long as they live.
The 3 girls-2006
I could not ask for a more special painting. All the little things that someone else would be like no big deal is a huge blessing to me. I feel like this was a little "I love you momy" from Heather. I feel like I found the one painting that I was suppose to have. I wasn't suppose to buy it at Disneyland in 2006. I needed to wait till now for this painting. I also have it on very good authority that the next Disney painting will be Sleeping Beauty. This will be my next new painting for sure. When you need some art in your life, please feel free to come by the Coombe Gallery...by appointment only....

No comments:

Post a Comment