Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Suprise.....

Oh, how we cried the day you left us
And gathered round your grave to grieve
Wish I could see the angels' faces
When they hear your sweet voice sing

Go rest high on that mountain
'Cause your work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin'
Love for the father and the son
Go Rest High On that Mountain~Vince Gill


"Go Rest High on That Mountain" is a country song written by Vince Gill. It was released as a single from his 1994 album When Love Finds You. It is a eulogic ballad Gill began writing the song following the death of country music superstar Keith Whitley, who died in 1989. Gill did not finish the song until a few years later following the death of his older brother Bob, in 1993, of a heart attack. Ricky Skaggs and Patty Loveless sang background vocals on the record.

As April 20th is approaching I decided to have a private remembrance gathering. Due to my LOVE of Tangled I have purchased LED balloons. I cannot send fire in the desert no matter how much I would love to. We will be writing messages on the balloons before releasing them. There is something so peaceful about releasing balloons and watching them.  I also have my luminaries that we will be placing in the yard. I am doing everything in the number of 24. The number of months she has been gone. It will be the first time since Heather died that I will be having some people in my home. I feel comfortable with sharing my photos and memories of Heather with the ones coming.
If you have known me for very long you know I go all the way. I never do anything part way. This is no different. I am planning some food and decided to go with some of the decorations I used at Heather's graduation party. I had a plastic box full of candles and candle holder in the top of my closet. When I got it down on Monday a small plastic bag fell off the top of the box. I looked at this bag trying to figured out what it was. To my complete surprise it was the sequined straps from Heather's ballgown. I remembered placing them there only after they fell to the floor. I had not remembered them till that moment. 
I took my breath away....
I believe this was a sign from Heather. No, I am not going creepy. I and other grieving mothers will agree that little things like this are a gift of love from our kids. My one regret is that I didn't have a piece of Heather's ball gown before she was cremated in it. I have the pictures and that should be enough, but after the fact I wished I had a piece of the actual gown. SO....here is my pieces of her gown. I couldn't think of a better small token of love from Heather on the day after the 10th. It was like her saying "here Momy..here is my ball gown just for you...with all my love and kisses".

As to the Heather diamond....it has been delayed at the jewelers. Due to the size of the stone he is taking extra time to make sure the prongs are holding the diamond secure. While I thought it was going to be early and arrive in March, Heather has managed to keep to her slow no hurry pace and I am hoping beyond all hope that I have it for the 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment