Friday, December 10, 2010

The Little Angel.....

You were our little angel
we loved to hold so close,
the softness of your baby skin
like petals of a rose.
We loved it when we cuddled you
and held you in our arms.
You were our little angel
with sweet angelic charms.
We think back to memories
so precious and so few,
for one day God had chosen you
to be his angel too.

Happy 23rd Birthday, my angel, Heather.
Christmas 2005
 Heather's all time favorite character of The Peanuts gang is "Sally' Charlie Brown's little sister. She loved Sally and I think in some ways Heather was like Sally. Very sweet and innocent. When I made new Peanuts stockings a few years ago of course I made Sally for Heather. When she got married I would make the matching Linus to go with Sally. 
 In our yard every year for the past 7 years we have put up plywood peanuts cutouts. When Heather died I knew that the character I would make for the yard. Of course it would be Sally. In the Peanuts Christmas story, Sally plays the Angel. How perfect is that??? So last year I made Sally~ "The Little Angel". We made a wire halo and placed a sting of lights so that is really looks like Sally is an angel. After Christmas I decided to leave Sally in her spot till April. I felt it very appropriate to leave her up.
This year as we put the yard decorations up we had several people drive by and tell us how much they love our decorations and they look forward to seeing what new character we have made. A neighbor that I didn't know came down and asked me if she could ask what the story was of the little angel. She noticed that she stayed up long after Christmas but then came down. She knew there must be a story behind her staying up. I told her the story of Heather and Sally and she began to cry. She told me it was the most beautiful story she had ever heard and what a touching tribute to our daughter.
Our neighbor across the street asked if I was planning on leaving the angel up like last year. I told her yes. She told me she was so happy. She loves to look out the window and see the angel in the yard. So yes, "The Little Angel" will be proudly standing in the yard well after Christmas. This year I bought a set of blue LED net lights for the shrub in front of the hill where the Sally angel stands. Jenn commented that it looks like a cloud and Sally is above the cloud looking down.

No comments:

Post a Comment