Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Chance For You To Get Involved...

"A heart can be broken,
But it will keep beating just the same"
~Fried Green Tomatoes~
Official Are U Pink? logo

I keep breathing, heart keeps beating and life keeps moving forward. I don't know how it does when all I want to do is stay right here with Heather fresh in my mind and memory. I don't want to move forward without her. I don't want to live without her, but I have to. It is not my choice to walk this road. I was chosen and I am not sure why. One day the good Lord and I am gonna have a talk...and oh what a talk it will be....Yes, even after all this time-528 days to be exact-I still want to know why. Why did we not get the happy ending? Why was Heather chosen to leave such a huge hole in my heart and life? Why when other people are waiting on deathrow to die, was my sweet baby taken? Too many whys for me to mention. But when God and I go for our talk, I am talking a huge diet coke with me..it will be a long one.

Now, to the new happenings:
We have registered for a Light The Night Team again this year. I am promised that the new leaders have this well taken care of this year. This walk helps fund research, new treatments and help for families suffering with blood cancer. The goal this year is to have each team member raise $100 to get the meal, balloon and a tshirt. I know in this economy that is a huge amount. Please consider joining our team anyway..and come and walk with us for support. If you would like to make a donation, please pick a team member that does not have $100 and make a donation to them directly from their webpage. Our Team name is Heather's Lymphomaniacs. This was her favorite thing to call herself...Heather would say, it is because I am a lymphomanic isn't isnt it...I find it a very fitting name for our team. Please click the link and help us out. We greatly appreciate your support. http://pages.lightthenight.org/dm/Phoenix10/HeathersLymphomaniacs

Example of what tie-dyed shirt looks like

Example of black tie-dyed shirt
The second thing happening is that we are having t shirts made for the walk and for Are U Pink? We have a team shirt that is black tie-dyed that will have a pink blood droplette on the front left chest...with the words "Improving life one unit at a time..." in bright pink letters. The back will be the Are U Pink butterfly logo. It will be done in bright green, orange and pink. The wording is the website right underneath and then Heather's Lymphomaniacs underneath the website. All wording will be in hot pink. The 2ND shirt is a dark hot pink with everything except the team name on it. These will be silk screened by a professional company. These shirts are heavy cotton and are very nice to wear around to get people interested. They are $18 each. This is not a fund raiser, this is at cost. The black tie-dyed shirts are men's sizes only. The dark pink have men's and women's sizes available. Please send me an email with your size if you would like one or both of these shirts. This is the FIRST official Are U Pink shirts to be made. I will be happy to mail them as well. I will order them but need your funds soon to pay for them. Will be ordering Oct. 15th. Also have hot pink/black swirled rubber bracelets coming that say Are U Pink?, In Memory of Heather and the website on the inside. These are like the lime green with the lettering being molded into them, but with bright white added so it stands out. These are one size and are free to any and all who will wear them.
Dark pink shirt
Example of what the men's and women's shirts look like

No comments:

Post a Comment