Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Whatever That "E" Holiday Is...

Easter 2007 was the last Easter where I cooked one of my famous Easter dinners with all the trimmings. Easter 2007 was the last time that my tradition of making each one of the girl's a special Easter basket and watching them delight in their new treasures. Easter 2007 was the last time that Easter would be the "best" Easter ever and I didn't know it.


Easter 2008 was the last Easter we were all together as a family and whole. Easter 2008 was the first time in 6 weeks that we had seen Wendy. Easter 2008 was the first time we had been together as a family in 6 weeks. Easter 2008 was the last time Easter would be the "best" Easter ever and I didn't know it.


Easter 2009 was the last Easter that I had hope. Easter 2009 was when I truly with all my heart expected a miracle from God. Easter 2009 was spent giving "Heather" bunnies to Jenn and Wendy. Easter 2009 was waiting to do Easter baskets till Heather was able to join in. Easter 2009 was buying the last bunny ever for Heather and she never saw the cute little bunny I got her. Easter 2009 was spent by the bedside of my baby...talking to her and telling her things as I listened and watched machines all day. Easter 2009 would be the "worst" and "best" Easter ever and I didn't know it.



I told all the doctors, nurses and friends that Friday is here, but Easter Sunday is coming. I expected Heather to begin to make huge improvements and get better very quickly after Easter Sunday. The day after Easter...Monday...we were told as a family not to leave the hospital. This was beginning of bad days to come. I feel very disappointed and let down by God that He did not perform the miracle that I had prayed for.


Easter 2010 I did not do Easter baskets. I avoided the Easter displays with all the bunnies, peeps and candy. I did not cook dinner nor did we go to a buffet. Easter 2010 is the beginning of wishing people Happy whatever that "E" holiday is to my friends. Easter 2010 would be the "worst" Easter ever and I do know it and feel it very well.



These videos are of Easter 1991 when we are living in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Wendy was 1 yrs old, Heather was 3 yrs old and Jenny was 5 yrs old. I had made all 3 of the girls matching dresses. Jenny and Heather's dresses have 4 yards of material in each one of them. Back in the day of gloves and hats and life was simple and good..Easter 1991 would be the "best" Easter ever and I didn't even know it....

No comments:

Post a Comment