Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Two Different Last Photos

If a picture paints a thousand words
Then why can't I paint you
The word will never show
The you I've come to know....


Wednesday, March 18th, 2009, we went to Target to go shopping. Heather was not able to walk around the store and breath at the same time. We asked her if she wanted the motorized cart. She said no way...I am not riding in that..you think I am on chemo or something. So, at the age of 21 she climbed into the cart just like she would when she was little. It was quite a moment to push her around in the cart. We headed to the baby isle to get some things for Pea. Heather loved the baby socks at the end cap. I had no idea that less than 24 hours later Heather would be admitted to Banner Baywood Hospital for the last time. This would be our last smiling photo together.Monday, April 20th, 2009, I brought the Grand Duchess Heather's ball gown to the hospital. I placed it on top of her along with her tiara. I then placed her favorite blanket and Edison close to her as well. I leaned over her to stroke her hair and tell her that she was the most beautiful princess in the entire world. I told her she had her ball gown and tiara on so everyone that passed by her room would know that royalty was there. I had no idea this photo was taken. This is the last photo ever taken of me with my Dolly Girl Heather.

1 comment:

  1. What a touching photo. It shows the love you have for Heather. It shows your strength and that you were attempting to give it all to Heather. It also shows the deep pain that is cutting your heart.
    I also see the pain of the photographer in this photo. Struggling to capture the moment and agonizing over taking the photo.

    ReplyDelete