Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nice and Light...

"When I get to heaven, I shall see three wonders there--the first wonder will be to see any people there whom I did not expect to see; the second wonder will be to miss many people whom I did expect to see; and the third and greatest wonder of all will be to find myself there"-John Newton

I figured out that people like nice and light conversation. People that do engage me in conversation do not really want to hear about the past year and half of my life. They don't want to hear my pain and suffering. They want me to tell them I am okay and the world is okay. We can laugh and talk about anything other than Heather.

All I want to talk about right now is Heather. I am hurt, sad, mad, disappointed, angry and I have some moments of happiness and joy. I hate the fact that she is not here. I hate the fact that she had cancer. I hate the fact of all she had to go through. It is just not fair. I hate the fact that she developed pneumonia. I hate the fact that I will not grow old with Heather. I hate the fact that I will not plan her wedding or share in her babies. I hate the fact that the "Heather" chapter in my life is over. I am not ready for it to be over. I still have over half a book left to go with her.How many of you knew that the month of September was Leukemia and Lymphoma awareness month???Anyone???I did not till it was over. I am thankful for October and breast cancer awareness month. There have been huge medical advancements for breast cancer treatments. It is everywhere. From the 1st day till the last we will be covered with pink on TV, newspaper and stores. How do we get Leukemia, Lymphoma, Testicular and many other cancers to the media and world attention. Leukemia and Lymphoma are still rising at an alarming rate while other cancers are on the decline. I am angry that Tina Fey is the spokesperson for the LL society and no one knows that either. Some lymphomas still have no treatment available. But most people do not want to hear my ramblings about this subject either. It is stated that you become passionate about things that effect your life. Leukemia and lymphoma changed the course of my life forever. How can I not be passionate about this terrible cancer.

I follow several CaringBridge sites now that seem to be all dealing with children and teens with leukemia. I just can't walk away. It makes me feel better to know that I am not alone. Other parents are going through the same things that I did. They wonder why as well. Some of these precious children and teens will not be here by the end of the year. To me, that is horrible. But no one want to hear me talk about these kids either.So to keep this nice and light I thought you might like to see cute and cuddly photos of bunnies. Something that is not very controversial unless you are a PETA activist. Then there is probably a problem with me having 3 very spoiled bunnies living in my house. The 2 brothers Ernie and Bert snuggled together. Then Heather's sweet Mr. B under the Christmas tree last year.

Don't forget about Light The Night coming soon. We now have 11 team members and nearly $1200.00. This will be quite the group all carrying gold balloons in memory of Heather. What a show that will make for the love of one special little girl. Click the Light the Night button on my blog and it will take you to the site.

1 comment:

  1. You can talk to me anytime!! Heather should not have the year filled in after the dash!

    ReplyDelete