Monday, September 28, 2009

Light The Night...

John 14:2-4a "In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Jesus wanted us to know that, when the time is right, there won't be any problem in getting us to heaven. He won't entrust this task to some third-level angel or to some celestial scoop that would mechanically pluck us out of earth and dump us in paradise. He wanted us to know that He will come for us Himself: "And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive tou to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." Jan and Dave Dravecky

Heather was thrilled to feel well enough to walk the Light The Night Walk last year. It was about 5 weeks after she finished treatments. Her blood levels were back up and seemed to be good. It was a very warm evening for being the middle of October. We arrived early, got our t-shirts and ate good Texas Roadhouse BBQ.We signed up to participate with Target. They are a major supporter of this event. Heather was still an employee of target so we joined with them. Of course our little social butterfly had some peeps there to pal around with for a while. This left mom and dad to sit or take some photos. Tiffini, her cousin Stephanie and their sweeties joined Heather in walking around and looking at everything.The walk was crowded getting started. Some people wanted to walk very fast and we let them go ahead of us. Heather soon realized that she had very little endurance and could not keep that same pace as her peeps so she let them go. It was quite the feeling and emotion as Heather, Bill and I crossed the gate back into the park. Before heading to the parking garage we had to sit and rest for a while. it was a very special memory for the 3 of us. One I treasure now more than I knew I would at the time.Again, please join us as the Coombe Family walks to remember Heather. Saturday, October 17, 2009, Tempe Town Lake. Walk begins at 6pm, but there are bands and booths to look at before the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment