Thursday, February 27, 2014

Confessions of a Grieving Mother...



I am proud to announce the cover for the new book Confessions of a Grieving Mother is officially finished. It was exactly what I envisioned when I began this process. It is amazing to me that I allowed the cover designers to dream up the best cover and both times they came up with nearly the exact same cover we used as a mock up. I think the bright blue is amazing and will be eye catching.
This photo was taken at Huntington Beach April 20th, 2013.
The manuscript has also finally passed the legal portion of this journey. This has been a huge 2 week delay and unneeded stress for me. They had an issue with Chapter 30-A Victim of Vulnerability. In this chapter I describe in vivid detail the sexual stalking abuse I suffered at the hands of my birth father, Harry. They did not like me using his name or the relationship that we had. I worked and worked to rewrite this to their satisfaction. I had a few different options
 
1.      I could use a pen name and change every name in the book
2.      I could take out this part all together
3.      I could change the relationship

I felt it was very important to keep the abuse in the book. It is a way to show that when you are hurting and at your lowest point there are some scummy people that will prey on you and try to victimize you even more.  I refused to change the names so in the end all the details are there but this man has been changed to be a “friend” of the family.  Unless you know the story you would never guess who this is. There are details in the chapter that have not been revealed. So far the few I have allowed to read this feel this needed to be in the book and are disgusted by the actions of my birth father. If the book becomes a success then all bets are off as to if I will cover up his “sins” any longer.

The manuscript is currently in copy editing and this process could take 1-3 weeks to be completed. This is checking for spelling, punctuation and subject content. After I receive their edited copy and all final changes are made then the book production will begin. During this time we are working on the 151 photos that will be accompanying this book. My goal is still to have an April release date.  

1 comment: