Sunday, June 12, 2011

No Place That Far....

I can't imagine, any greater fear
Than waking up, without you here,
And though the sun, would still shin on,
My whole world, would all be gone,
But not for long...

If I had to run, if I had to crawl
If I had to swim a hundred rivers,
Just to climb a thousand walls,
Always know that I would find a way,
To get to where you are,
There's no place that far...
~Sara Evans~


Sara Evans was one of Heather's favorite female artists. She had every CD that Sara ever made and loved every single song she sang. No Place That Far is the second album released by the country singer. It produced Evan's first number one country hit in its second single, the title track. The album was certified gold by the RIAA for American sales of 500,000 copies. Vince Gill sings back ground vocals on this single.
Heather's rose and Sleeping Beauty Castle
Heather sang this song when Bill and I renewed our wedding vows in May 2006 . I really loved the words and the meaning behind them. It seemed to me to be a wedding song. When Heather died, again the music changed. Suddenly this song was not about a married couple, but a mother and her child. There is no place too far that I would not go to find her. Except for Heaven. I know where she is but cannot reach her. If you listen to the song again with the parent's view it changes everything.
British Crown
British Crown
Side view -my crown
During our recent trip to Disneyland I had an idea for some photos of my red Heather diamond. I wanted the ring with the roses and Castle in the background. The Castle is blurred on purpose and the focus is the beautiful red diamond. Bill got some amazing photos of the ring in Heather's favorite place on earth. The sun really drawing out the color in the stone and just how stunning this ring is. Many have commented that from the front view it looks like a king's crown...the red diamond being the velvet material part of the crown. Might have to use a bit of your imagination....
Happiest Place on Earth
Amazing
Breath taking
 I recently had my red Heather diamond ring sized to fit my ring finger. Since I received this ring I have been wearing it as my wedding ring. I was recently asked the question "Am I going to continue to wear this as my wedding ring?" The answer is yes. Let me explain. While I still have my wedding ring and I love it...the Heather diamond has so much meaning it is hard to explain all of feeling and emotions that go with this. When a couple goes to pick a diamond, it has been created in nature and really has no value to the couple personally. She may love the size, cut or the clarity of the diamond, but it is a rock they pick out together. It is a symbol, a token of the love they have for one another. But nothing from them personally. My red Heather diamond is actually Bill and I combined into one. Bill and I created Heather together. The diamond was created from Heather's ashes which she was a part of Bill and me. So...this ring actually is more of a wedding ring to symbolize the love and enduring relationship that Bill and I have shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment