Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Heather's Hutch...

There was a little girl named Jessica who had bone cancer.
When asked if she was afraid to die, she said,
"No, not for me. 
But I worry about my mom and dad.
But I believe that a thousand years
On earth is one day in heaven.
So by the time I'm sitting down for my 1st lunch,
My mom and dad will be there."
~Melissa Gilbert~

Melissa Gilbert began working pediatric cancer patients after she served as the SAG president. She was in shock and awe at the bravery of these very young warriors who had to face so much in their young lives.

As a grieving mother I have to find things that I feel bring Heather close to my heart. Not that I ever forget her, but something visible for me to look at. Heather knew my love of Thomas Kinkade's paintings. I have several paper prints in the house. As he began to come out with the Disney paintings, Heather commented to me that she would buy me a real painting with her first paycheck. She reminded me of this when she began her classes at PIMA Medical. As we walked by the Gallery she put her arm in mine and said "One day soon Momy, we will walk in and pick out your painting." In my recent dealings with the Thomas Kinkade Gallery I saw a very small paper painting entitled Heather's Hutch. I was instantly moved to the painting. I came home and began doing research about it.
Heather's Hutch-the sign on the light pole has the name


+++++ And this is what Thomas Kinkade said about this work +++++
"I have just the prescription for anyone who's feeling cynical or flippant or world-weary: daughters!
The playful high-spirits and sense of wonder that my little girls, Merritt and Chandler, bring to my world inspire and invigorate me. What imaginations they have; they'll notice one tiny detail in a painting and weave a whole story from it.
I've paid tribute to the everything nice world of little girls before, but my new Sugar and Spice Cottages is the first series solely devoted to dollhouse cottages that my little girls would love to live in. Heather's Hutch, which leads off the series, is no dollhouse; it's inspired by a real stone cottage I discovered in the English Cotswolds. But the thatched roof and pink and white dogwoods make it especially attractive to young ladies and I just know there's a little play garden behind the gate.
The hen with her chicks and pigeons are for my little Chandler, who gets so excited whenever she sees birds. And the rich plum color on the doors above the windows is for another favorite "girl" of mine - my lovely wife, Nanette."
~~Thomas Kinkade

This painting was introduced in 1993 only in a 12 X 16 edition. Meaning all prints other than the Master original is a 12 X 16. This painting has been sold out for 14 years. Most of the editions of this are sold by personal art collectors. I happened to find a Gallery in Thomas Kinkade's home town in California that said on the website that they had one of these paintings. I called immediate to see if they still had the painting. They had 8 Gallery Proofs of this painting available. There were only 300 G/P-Gallery Proofs-made. He told me they still had the price at issue price and he would take $100 off of it, there is no sales tax and shipping is only $10. He also told me there was a Master Highlighting event on Saturday and they would highlight it and ship next week. I bought it on the spot. He is looking to see if he had one signed on the back for me as well.
This is the frame I have chosen..it has flowers in each corner
Gallery Proofs (G/P)~This edition is restricted for distribution through the Thomas Kinkade Galleries and Signature Dealers, and is issued in qualities significantly smaller than S/N (Standard Number). They can be distinguished from the S/N edition by the unique gold foil remarque stamped onto the imagine and the designation of G/P on the numbering process.

I also purchased the lighted cottage statue of Heather's Hutch as well. to me this is just like the TY Heather bunny. I never paid any attention to this painting in 1993 or the years leading up to this. I know it was not the time before. For some reason now is the time. My loving and supportive husband is telling me I have very little wall space for all these paintings. Heather's Hutch will be going over my bed...it will be replacing a different paper print from a different artist. I knew exactly where I was going to place this one.
lighted cottage
Thomas Kinkade was on NBS shop channel today. He was showcasing the 50th Sleeping Beauty Castle canvas wrap. During his interview he said that the original painting still hangs in his home. It is one of the most personal to his family pieces of artwork he has done. I am still thrilled that I have my 50th Sleeping Beauty Castle painting. I am still waiting for the Tangled and now Heather's Hutch. I am turning into an art gallery. Come by anytime to see all my new lovelies....

No comments:

Post a Comment