Saturday, March 19, 2011

Today and Always....

My Porcelain Doll
I have a porcelain doll
She is so beautiful and fair
And whenever she needs anything
I will always be there.
Eyes as blue as the sky
Hair so pretty and long
This porcelain doll is my heart and soul.
I will never do her wrong
I put her on a pedestal.
She's so special in every way.
For this doll I will try and do everything
And for her I will never stray.
My porcelain doll is my daughter Heather,
If you haven't guessed by now
She is my heart, soul and my life
And I will be here for her forever
This is what I strive
Heather you are my porcelain doll....
~Ambra Waggoner~

Today, 2 years ago was another beginning of a life altering event. Only this one changed the course of my and my families life forever. It was the beginning of 33 days of pure hell on earth. Looking back now I didn't realize then I was walking through fire. Everyday for 33 days my life revolved around doctors, nurses, procedures, test results, watching Heather deteriorate a little more day by day. Today was the beginning of horrible procedures that would be done, that had to be done in order to save her life. In the end it made no difference. The outcome was still the same. Heather's life was finished. Just 21 years, 4 months and 10 days after it began, she was done with her life's work and could go home to be with Jesus. It was the plan from the beginning, even though I was not consulted or asked. Given the choice, I would still have lived my life with Heather in it. I would deal with the heart break and all the pain losing her has caused. To have someone so special be part of my life and to be able to call her my daughter...is worth it all.

I wanted to share the announcements and invitations from the Grand Ball we had for Heather. Something I have not shared before. I thought everyone might like to see what they looked like. Anyone who knows me, knows that I pull out all the stops with parties. I take a theme and then run to the very last detail. I leave no stone unturned to find just the right things to make the party complete. Everything at the Grand Ball was done in Royal fashion down to the tiniest of details. Hope you enjoy:
The save the date
The beautiful invitation
Invitation wording
The RSVP
The Royal "H" seal  

Grand Duchess seat
Table setting
The Sally angel is still in the yard. The bush in front of her has the blue lights to look like a cloud. It has been there since right after Thanksgiving. This year to have a "floating lantern" feel..I have bought luminary kits. I bought different cardboard cutout inserts that go into the bags to illuminate different designs. I also bought special water filled weights that go into the bags to hold them down and also hold the lights. These will be placed outside at different times of the year. But especially on April 20th and December 10th. I am going to send up 24 lighted balloons into the night's sky on the 20th as well. I am thinking of having a ceremony/vigil so to speak for those who would be interested in coming and sharing this life altering event with us. More info coming soon....
Heather diamond is currently being shipped from Russia to USA by way of England. Should be in New York City on Monday. There it will be certified, graded and engraved. Then to the jewelers for setting and then to me. Should be about 10 days...final leg of the process

No comments:

Post a Comment