Friday, March 25, 2011

Princesses and Diamonds...


You're in a better place,
I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken
The reason shy I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you...

Heather wanted a pink dress for her ball. She wanted to be Princess Aurora. She loved Aurora with her pink ball gown and long blond hair. Heather ended up finding a blue one that was more like Cinderella's ball gown. However, upon my investigating of the original Sleeping Beauty movie...it revealed something very interesting. Two of the fairies were fighting over whether the dress should be BLUE or PINK. In the part where Aurora has "fallen asleep" she is laid out in her ball gown that was BLUE. So, Heather really was Aurora. The night that Heather died many of the people that came by said she looked like a princess. She looked as is she was only sleeping and a kiss would wake her up. After all the tubes were off her, it was the most natural and normal she had looked in weeks. She was wearing her tiara and her ball gown was laid on top of her as it had been all day. Heather will always be Sleeping Beauty.
L to R: Dr Chris, Shawna, Gayle, Emily, Heather, Stacey, Erin, Jan and Nurse Deb..

You always think that your child or children are exceptional and special. When you lose a child everyone tells you how sweet and extra ordinary they thought they were. When that child is gone you try to make talismans-physical reminders-of your child. I have 2 urns necklaces, a thumbprint necklace and a laser etched locket to keep Heather close to me. With all that...it is not, nor will it ever be enough to fill the void of her actually being here, being able to touch her. When I began the red diamond process I wondered what kind of a diamond would be made. What would the clarity be? How many flaws would it have? How would it shine and sparkle in the light? What is the actual size going to be? (a 3/4 carat can be between .69-.89) I, of course, was hoping for the biggest cut I could get. While the diamond is taking its sweet time to get back to the USA~standard Heather time...you never rush her for any reason...I did find out some information about the stone.
Cousin Heather with Cousin Addy...sweet kisses
The lab in Russia is saying that this is one of the most beautiful red colored diamonds to come out of the process in the 10 years that the tech has been doing this.  It also appears to have few flaws and be very clear. What else could I have possibly imagined since Heather was involved in the creation of this stone. I asked about the cutting process and there are not any pieces "cut" off the stone...it is dust when the diamond is ground into the shape and size. The size depends on the cutting in and around the flaws that are in the actual stone. You cannot cut through a flaw. You have to go around it one way or the other. This is why total weight varies from one stone to the next. I was told on Wednesday that the diamond appeared to be larger than expected. I was expecting it to be closer to the .89 size. Again, today I received the news that my diamond since it had very few flaws was able to be cut into the biggest red diamond they have ever done. The total weight is 1.24 carats. YES...that is 1 and 1/4 carats. Nearly 2 times the size I purchased. They don't even have a 1 carat red diamond available to be made. I sat and cried as Kathy, from DNA 2 Diamonds, and I chatted on live chat today about my diamond. I was overcome with emotions as I knew Heather was extra special but to have the diamond be so extraordinary too. It was very emotional for me. They have contacted the jeweler to make sure the setting can still handle this large of a stone. They have assured me it can, but will see once it actually arrives. Kathy will send me photos of the stone once it arrives in house in Pennsylvania, hopefully next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment