Saturday, February 19, 2011

Love Potion 31.....

I scream
You scream
We all scream
For ice cream....

Who doesn't love ice cream, especially on a hot day in Arizona. So working at a Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts would be a perfect 1st job. Our family was going to eat at Koyto Bowl close to the house when Heather noticed a sign in the window of Baskin/Donuts looking for help. As I ordered her food she went down to see if she could get an application for the job. Heather came running back all excited and said she got the job right there on the spot. She was 16 and this was her first real job. Of course one of the benefits of the job is a lot of the donuts at the end of the day found their way to our house.  Another one of the perks is you get to try all the flavors of ice cream as well. Heather loved to test all the new ice cream that came out. She worked there from February 2005 till June 2005. It would be the shortest job she ever held.
March 2005
For Valentine's Day 2005 Baskin Robbins came out with Love Potion 31. A new ice cream that was only there for the "love" holiday and then it would be gone. As Heather was not driving Bill or I had to drop off and pick up. When I would go inside she would would ask me if I wanted to try some ice cream. I was losing weight and was being good. Most of the time I told her no. On one occasion Heather begged me to try this new ice cream. She loved it and knew I would love it too. I did try it and I do love the ice cream. It is only around for a short amount of time and Heather and I would go a LOT to get our fill of this ice cream. Yes, I am still working on the hand packed half gallon Bill bought me back in January.

 Heather loved her jobs and she especially loved the money she made. She took great pride in her job. Usually she was promoted quickly as management saw her potential. She also loved to help people get jobs as well. She helped Steven get on at Baskin/Donuts...Jenn and Wendy both get jobs at Kohl's. She was a front end manager at Kohl's and then was Jr's and Men's department supervisor. Heather helped open the Target at Tempe Marketplace. She was very proud of her new store and her new position of children and infants department supervisor. Heather was a dedicated worker...she would go in early and stay late to get things done. She loved the color red so Target was a great place for her to work as well.
On the note of RED....for Valentine's Day the diamond seed was placed and everything was put into the extreme pressure chamber. My diamond is being created as you read right now. Next steps will be cutting, polishing, grading, certifying, engraving and then placement into the setting. Still hoping for the beginning of April for delivery.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog update. Just this past week Tom and I went to Baskin Robbins and I tried the Love Potion #31, you had tried before and made a comment on your facebook about it so for weeks I was dying to try it. I LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try this you have a very informative blog because for me if the love potion help a lot,why not using it.

    pheromones for women

    ReplyDelete