Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tangled....

Flower, Gleam and Glow
Let your power show
Make the clock reverse,
Bring back what once was mine...
Heal what has been hurt,
Change the fate's design
Save what has been lost,
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine....
~Healing Incantation~Tangled

Tangled is Disney Studios 50th animated film. It is based on the German fairy tale Rapunzel by the Brothers Grimm. It is the 2nd most expensive film ever made and the most expensive animated film, with a budget of $260 million. So what is it about this movie that draws me to want to see it everyday? 

This movie is Heather. Every part of the movie would be her new favorite princess movie. Heather loved Mandy Moore. Not just her movies; A Walk To Remember and Because I Said So, but her songs like Gardenia and Extraordinary. Fitting that Mandy Moore plays Rapunzel. Then Rapunzel has the long, long, long, long blond hair that Heather loved so much. Not only is it long blond hair, in the movie it has magical  healing powers. While I do not believe in magical healing powers from hair, a part of me wishes that there really was such a thing and I could sing and have Heather back. The words above are from the "Healing Incantation" song from the movie. These are the words hit my heart so much....I wish I could say these words:
Heal what has been hurt,
Change the fate's design
Save what has been lost,
Bring back what once was mine...


Rapunzel is stolen as a young baby from the King and Queen. Every year on her birthday the King and Queen send up floating lighted lanterns. This is in the hope that one day she will find her way back to them. Rapunzel has watched them for years from her tower but does not know what they are. Right before they send up the floating lantern for her 18th birthday, the King and Queen share a private, sad and touching moment on just how much they long to see their daughter. When I first saw where they send up the floating lanterns all I could think about was the balloon release for Heather's birthday. Again, just one more connection with this movie. The song "I See The Light" brings me to tears every time I hear it. One twist is that one verse of the song seems like it could have been Heather singing this when she got to Heaven. 
Maybe what she saw when she looked at Jesus;
And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And as last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you...
~I See The Light~Tangled


The woman that steal Rapunzel uses her hair to keep herself young. The "mother" tells Rapunzel "I love you" and Rapunzel replies "I love you more" and the "mother" ends with "I love you most." I cried so hard when I saw this the first time. Heather and I would go back and forth with I love you, I love you more and finally I would end with I love you the mostest. Heather would tell me she loved me to the moon and back. I ended what I said at Heather's funeral with "and I still love you the mostest."

I purchased the soundtrack and I love the music from this movie. I know that Thomas Kincade is going to be doing a painting for this movie as well. In my heart I know that this painting will be released in April. It just seems to be perfect timing for this movie. Of course this painting will be hanging in my house. I cannot wait to see how Thomas Kincade works his magic. I am sure it will touch my heart as much as the movie has.

The title is Tangled, for the movie and also for my emotions this week. I wrote about the beautiful red diamond I am having created from Heather's ashes. Yesterday, Monday, I received the container to ship her ashes to the company. I was thrilled, but when it came time to fill the container it was difficult. I was shaking as I took my golden spoon and scooped them in. I was honestly amazed at how much are still left. Then I went to the post office and shipped them immediately. I wanted them to get there as soon as possible to begin this amazing process. When I got to the counter to mail them, I needed to be assured that they would get there. We all know the postal service..and how packages get lost. I had no clue that ashes have to be shipped a special way. They guy wrapped the box with paper tape and then had to stamp all sides of the box to show it had not been tampered with also it is registered and certified mail. So....as I let go of the box and got back into my car I cried and cried and cried. For this is another piece of Heather that is gone forever. I know I will have the most beautiful diamond ever...emotions are tangled.
Here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment