Monday, August 18, 2014

What Is A Ring...



What is a ring? It can be an engagement ring, wedding ring or just a simple ring you enjoy wearing. I have always had several right hand rings that I wear at any given different time. When the girls turned about 14 years old I began building their jewelry collections with real gold, diamonds or gemstone items. Mostly I gave them rings and necklaces for birthdays, graduations and other special things. When Heather had cancer I bought her jewelry to mark her milestone events.
Snooks feeding Babes a bottle

 When Snooks was born I went to Helzberg jewelers to buy an Amethyst to make her birth in February. Christmas 2008 I had promised Heather a piece of jewelry form the store but she didn’t know what she wanted then so she went with me to the mall to take a look around. I found an amethyst heart pendant that I bought for Snooks and of course Heather found a ring. She fell in love with it because she felt it looked like the ring that Bella wears in Twilight and she had it sized to fit her first finger. It happened to be a amethyst which made it all the more appealing to her and along the sides were two peridot. Peridot was the birth stone for her grandma Coombe and that was the final selling point.

a view of the Heather-Bella ring
When Heather died I took her ring and had it sized to me and then bought Jenn and Wendy a matching ring for them. We call them our Heather, Bella rings. The ring is in yellow gold and not my favorite as I prefer white gold but it does have a very antique look about it.
the ring on my tattooed arm between Snooks and Babes
Since Babes (aka Ellie, or Elinor) has been born I have been looking for a ring that has both Snooks and Babes birthstones in them. Nothing I have found do I like very much. I have been looking at Mother’s rings and they are very plain and simple and blah. Late last night it dawned on me when I was talking to Bill that I loved how the green of Peridot and the purple of Amethyst looks so great together as it did with the ring that ….
mimi with Snooks and Babes-My Heart!!
YES!!! The Heather- Bella ring is both Violet’s and Elinor’s birthstones together. I had it all the time. I have been shocked and floored that the ring that Heather picked just happened to have both babies birthstones and that all us girls have one, just one more way that I know that Aunt Missy is watching from heaven above over her favorite nieces. How amazing that heather picked a ring that just happened to have an amethyst and a peridot and she picked it five years ago. So not like the ring wasn’t special before but now I have my Snooks, Babes and Heather all together. More 10th power.

No comments:

Post a Comment