Monday, July 11, 2011

Beauty and The Beast...

And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than 
They've got planned...
~Beauty and The Beast~


From the first moment Heather saw Beauty and The Beast she was hooked. It became her favorite movie. She had clothes and birthday parties all with a Belle theme. The gifts she received for different holidays and birthdays were also Belle or something relating to the movie. It was no surprise when I purchased the Thomas Kinkade Beauty and the Beast painting. Especially since it came out on the 18 month anniversary of her death.

In my recent Disney art looking I stumbled across something amazing. Paige O'Hara that does the voice of Belle in the movie actually paints Belle. Her paintings are quite stunning for she has captured the beauty of Belle. Of course she would, she is Belle. I decided to purchase one of her Artist Proof painting of Belle's Daydream. It is one of Heather's favorite scenes from the movie. I had asked that Paige personalize the back for me. Due to a mix up my painting was shipped before she had the chance to sign the back. Paige emailed me and said I could return it to her and she would be more than pleased to personalize the back for me. SO I did return the painting last week.
 Today, Monday, I received the Belle's Daydream painting back. It figures it would be on a Monday. Paige O'Hara wrote what I asked her to write but then added With Love at the top. I have not had any dealings with movie stars or famous people. However, I feel that Miss O'Hara is a really nice lady. She was very sweet to consider my request and then return the painting to me. She lives in Vegas and is currently doing a Musical there. I may send her an email if I get back over there to ask if I could meet her in person. 
Heather always loved to get her picture with Belle. Heather was thrilled when she found The Beast. She was bouncing in line like a little girl waiting to see him. Not everybody gets both Beauty and The Beast photos at Disneyland.
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell.....

No comments:

Post a Comment