Friday, June 11, 2010

And Then There Were Two...

Some broken hearts never mend
Some memories never end
Some tears will never dry
My love for you will never die
Don Williams~Some Broken Hearts Never Mend~
Easter-1993

Since April 9th, 1990 it has been the 3 girls. Jenn, Heather and Wendy. Growing up they played together, got in trouble together, went to school together and dreamed of what it would be like to be married and live close together. Three peas in a pod. Jenn and Wendy were the bread and Heather was the peanut butter in the middle that held it all together. The 3 girls were very close as sisters. Heather was to be Jenn's and Wendy's maid of honor and Heather said she would pick them both because she could not choose between them.
Awana Bible Quizzing 2001
Jenn, Heather and Wendy

Here it is 2 days before Wendy's wedding and there is someone missing. I have felt it for weeks leading up to the wedding but now I am overwhelmed with the loss of one. There were suppose to be three. Bill is suppose to walk Wendy down the aisle to see Heather and Jenn watching and smiling. Heather probably would have sang at the wedding as well. She would have been laughing out on the dance floor and had the best time. Heather would have helped me with hair and makeup to make sure I looked perfect. We would have been shopping for Wendy's wedding dress and then for mine. She was my best fashion critic.
Coombe's Angels May 2005

Heather fell in love with Julia Roberts. She loved every movie she ever did. I mention this because as soon as Heather saw Steel Magnolias she had to do her hair like "Shelby" in that movie. She was so proud the day she finally figured it out. Heather always looked amazing, but when she did her "steel magnolias" hairstyle she was stunning. Heather would have been the first to get her dress..figure out her hair and makeup and made sure everything was perfect. Her hair was her crowning glory. She had the most amazing hair. It would do anything and hold any style. Heather loved her long hair so much and she looked so good with it.
Heather's "Shelby" hairstyle for Prom, 2005

As we celebrate this joyous occasion, it is another reminder that Heather is not here. Most figure that we are over this grieving thing, it has been a year and we are good with everything now. I will never be "over" this. This will never go away. Every holiday, every birthday, every wedding, every birth, every thing our family does is one more way it tears at my heart to know that Heather is not here. She will not be sharing this, we are moving on and changing and Heather is staying the same. Forever 21....Forever absent...
Coombe's Angels May 2006
Wendy, Heather and Jenn

I am struggling with being out of my circle of peeps. I am not comfortable being around people who are not in my inner circle. They don't understand the tear at what should be a happy moment. Most don't comprehend my loss and it is so very tiring to put on a "happy face" and pretend all is right with the world. My world stopped being right 416 days, or 59 weeks or 13 1/2 months ago. My world as I knew it came to an end. 

Some broken hearts never mend
Some memories never end
Some tears will never dry
My love for Heather will never die

No comments:

Post a Comment