Saturday, May 8, 2010

But I Know I Had The Best Day With You Today...

I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
But I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know is Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today...
~Taylor Swift~ The Best Day~

We pull up at Suzanne's Bridal Shop to find you a dress for the ball. I pull dress after dress for you to try on but none of them seem right for you. You are looking for a bright pink ball gown like Aurora In Sleeping Beauty. We have tried everything and are about to leave when the gal brings out a blue ball gown that is stunning. You try it on, instantly we both know this is "The Dress". You look like Cinderella. You smile and tell me you feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. You ask me how much the dress is and I tell you it doesn't matter. You look amazing in the dress. You hug me and giggle as they put it in the dress bag...
But I know I had the best day with you today...On my recent trips I have been listening to Taylor Swifts CD. Everyone knows the popular songs that are on the radio. There are 2 songs on the CD that mean so much more that any of the other ones put together. The one I am sharing today is called The Best Day. It talks about a daughter with her mother and the days that they have shared. It states that even the simple days can become the best days. The song makes me stop and think about little things that have become great days with Heather. Little did I know that those were the best days with her. The video is of Taylor Swift's childhood. The song is for her mother...

http://www.cmt.com/videos/taylor-swift/377565/the-best-day.jhtml


Going through Heather's things I found a letter that she had written to Reba. It had been returned to her for having the wrong address. It had never been opened, she just put it away in 2002. I opened the letter and it was so good to see her handwriting. As I read the letter it brought me to tears as she was writing about me. So on this weekend when most of the world honors their mothers...I will not be mentioning my gestational unit. Instead I will share how my daughter felt about me as her mother. I had no motherly influence to guide me. I did the the best I knew to be as a mom. What I always wanted a mom to be. It was nice to hear that she really did think me to be the best mom ever.



Shortly after Heather began treatments she came to me and gave
me a card. She told me that this expressed just how much she loved me and what I had done for her the past few weeks. I didn't feel that I did anything super or wonderful. I was simply being a mom. I did what I felt in my heart I had to do. Standing by my Heather and doing the absolute best I could do for her. As terrible as those days were...spending time with Heather and sitting in the hospital would become the best days...
HAPPY MOMY'S DAY...
to all the Momy's who truly understand what a Momy is
Any woman can be a Mother,
But it takes someone super special to be a Momy...

1 comment: